Last Modified: January 27th, 2021
Individuals Younger than the Age of 18#
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and are not intended to be used or accessed by or targeted to individuals that are younger than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals younger than 18. If you are younger than 18, do not use or provide any information on these Sites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual younger than 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, as applicable.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It#
Information You Provide to Us Directly#
We collect information when you contact or interact with us on or through our Sites, including contact information (such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number), and other information, such as demographic information (for example, your gender and age), and information about your interests and preferences (for example, your search queries on the Sites). When you create an account with the Sites, we will also require you to provide a username, password, and password hints.
The Sites may also allow you to purchase products or subscriptions directly from us, in which case we may ask you to provide payment information (such as a credit or debit card number and other associated card information), as well as shipping and billing information, which may be processed by a third party payment processor. When you make purchases, we will also collect information about your transaction history and fulfillment of your orders.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies#
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we and our third party business partners (including third party service providers or third party content, advertising and analytics providers) may use a variety of data collection technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about you whenever you access or interact with the Sites (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data (such as the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Sites, the search terms you entered while using the Sites, and all areas of the Sites that you visit, including the products you view and search for), your time zone, location data, logs, and other such data.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address or other unique identifier automatically assigned (the Internet address of your computer) for any computer, mobile phone, or other device you may use to access the Sites, hardware model, operating system, browser type, and mobile network (if applicable).
We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to help us improve our Sites and deliver a better and more personalized service, such as by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The methods we use to collect Usage Information may include the following:
- Cookies (or browser cookies) and Log Files. The Sites use "cookies" to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device when it is used to visit the Sites or otherwise access our online content. We may use both session and persistent cookies (which remain on your device after the browser has been closed). Cookies are uniquely assigned to you by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You may have the ability to accept or decline certain cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Sites or certain features may not function properly. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our emails may contain small graphic images or other web programming code known as web beacons (also referred to as 1x1 GIFs”, clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons and similar technologies may be used for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, to count users who have visited those pages, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect Usage Information and similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and to enforce our intellectual property rights.
In some cases, for example when you opt-in to collection of location data through your browser, we may directly collect location information through your device. You may be able to turn off the collection of location information through the settings on your device. However, please note that we may still be able to collect or infer your approximate location through other information we collect, such as IP address. In addition, some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Sites.
The Sites may permit you to submit or post content (such as photo, audio, video, messages, text, files, social media posts, or other content) to be published or displayed on the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties, such as through message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, or other interactive features (“Interactive Services”) (collectively, “User Contributions”).
Note that anything you choose to submit or publicly post to the Sites may be public. Others may access it, use it, and share it. We are not responsible for how others use User Contributions you submit or post. Personal information, such as your name, user name (from the Sites or your social media account), or where you reside, may be publicly displayed with your User Contributions. In addition, in connection with certain activities, your personal information may be disclosed publicly, for example, being identified as a winner of a sweepstakes or being awarded a prize.
Social Media Features#
The Sites may permit you to interact with a third party platform (such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) and the Sites, for example “liking” or “sharing” content from the Sites, posting your social media posts to the Sites, including a hashtag associated with us in your social media post, or creating an account or registering with the Sites using existing login information from a third-party platform (“Social Media Features”). Also, both we and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Sites and the third-party service. These third-party companies may collect information about your visit to our Sites through the Social Media Features we have integrated into the Sites. Note that through the Social Media Features, these third party social networking companies may be able to collect certain information about your visits to the Sites regardless of whether or not you affirmatively interact with the Social Media Features and whether or not you are logged into (or have) an account with the social networking company.
Information We Receive from Third Parties#
We may receive certain information about you from third parties, including business partners and data providers. If you are on another website and agree to receive information from us, that site will forward your information to us so that we may contact you. If we partner with a third party for a sweepstakes or promotion, your information may be shared in connection with your entry. We may supplement that information with the information we collect with outside records from other third parties, such as public databases, publicly available social media pages, joint marketing partners, and third parties who enhance the information we have about you. We use this information to respond to your requests, tailor content, offer you products or services that we believe may interest you, enhance our products and services, and for other business purposes. The information collected and stored by third parties is subject solely to the third party’s privacy practices.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Companies and Similar Third Parties#
The Sites may contain content served by third parties, including advertisements, and we may work with third party business partners (such as third party analytics providers, network advertisers, and ad agencies) who provide us information about the Sites and our users, and in connection with serving our advertisements elsewhere online. In connection with serving content and providing analytics and advertising services, we and our third party business partners may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on our Sites and other websites and services, and we may receive information regarding the use of the Sites and effectiveness of our advertisements. These third parties may set and access their own tracking technologies on your devices (including cookies and web beacons), and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about your activities on the Sites and other websites and services, over time and across different browsers, including Usage Information. Some third parties may monitor more in-depth page activities such as user clicks, user scrolls, and keyboard strokes to collect information about you when you use your Sites. They may use this information to evaluate the Sites’ effectiveness and the effectiveness of specific products, features, and/or pages and provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
Some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Both NAI and DAA provide information regarding procedures for opting-out of targeted online advertising from participating companies. For information from NAI about opting out, click here. For information from DAA about opting out click here.
How We Use Your Information#
We may use information that we collect about you, including any personal information and Usage Information:
- To present our Sites and their content to you, allow you to participate in interactive features, and otherwise provide services that you request from us, such as maintaining your account information and processing information you provide to us, including verifying that your email address is active and valid and processing transactions and fulfilling your orders.
- To communicate with you and send you with information about us and the Sites, products, features, activities, or those of third party business partners, that may be of interest to you (please see below for opt-out information if you prefer not to receive certain communications).
- To tailor the content and advertising we display to you or others elsewhere online, as well as in communications we send to you, and to analyze trends and statistics.
- To provide customer service, such as responding to your questions, complaints, or comments.
- For internal business purposes, such as improving the Sites, products, services, and to comply with legal requirements and our business practices.
- To operate and protect the Sites from errors, misuse of the Sites, fraud, any criminal activity, and other illegal activities or activities that violate our terms and policies, detect and troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and enforce applicable agreements and policies.
How We Disclose Your Information#
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, including joint ventures or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us, for internal business, analytical, and operational purposes. We may also share certain information for advertising and marketing purposes. To opt out of having your personal information shared with affiliated and subsidiary companies for their own marketing purposes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf. We use third party service providers (including contractors, vendors, agents, and other third parties) to support our business and provide services to us or on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing advertising and marketing assistance, and providing customer service. We give these third parties access to your personal information (or allow them to collect information from or about you) so that they can provide the services.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests or other promotions (any, a “Promotion”), that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the provisions, conditions, or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you (including, without limitation and except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing materials). If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's terms or official rules (such as on a winners list).
- Business Transfers and Transitions. We may transfer or assign information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a bankruptcy, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets (including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process). By providing your personal information, you agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent.
“Do Not Track” Requests#
Some browsers can be set to send a “Do Not Track” request that requests that a website not track the visitor’s activity. Currently, our Sites do not stop tracking in response to those requests except as specifically required by law. For more information, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
Accessing and Correcting Your Information and Your Choices#
If you have an account, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Sites and visiting your account, if any, through which you may be able to unsubscribe or modify the email newsletters or similar communications we send to you. You are responsible for maintaining and updating, as applicable, the information you provide us with current, accurate, and complete information.
To opt out of having your personal information shared with affiliated or subsidiary companies for their own marketing purposes, please email: email@example.com.
We have implemented, or the relevant providers convey that they have implemented, commercially reasonable security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and, during transmission, will be encrypted using a secure socket layer.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to create a secure password and not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Sites (such as message boards). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Sites or may compromise your security such as by using public networks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. You use the Sites and provide us with personal information at your own initiative and risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on, underlying or associated with the Sites.
Users Outside of the United States#
Third Party Links and Content#
FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS#
Ambient Ridge Inc. does not currently sell your covered information as those terms are defined under applicable Nevada law. However, you may submit an opt-out request and we will honor that request as required by Nevada law if we engage in such a sale in the future. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of your covered information, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please contact us from the email address you have used to interact with us, or else provide us with that email address in your Nevada Opt-Out request email. We may contact you via such email address as needed regarding this request. You may also be required to take reasonable steps as we determine from time to time in order to verify your identity and/or the authenticity of the request. We will respond to your request within sixty (60) days either confirming that your request has been processed or indicating that we need an additional thirty (30) days to complete the request.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS#
Your California Privacy Rights / Shine the Light
Ambient Ridge does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) unless we give you a choice (to opt in or opt-out) before sharing with those third parties.
If you are a California consumer and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request by email at email@example.com, 100 South Bedford Road, Suite 340, Mt. Kisco, New York 10549. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.